Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Aguero loyal to Atletico


Sergio Aguero has pledged his future to Atletico Madrid following comments made by former striker Fernando Torres.
The Liverpool striker warned his former team that they must continue to develop at the same rate as the Argentinian prospect or risk losing him to a bigger club.
In response Aguero has denied wanting to leave the Vicente Calderon, saying that a return to form could well ensure Atletico qualify for next season's Champions League."People can think what they want but the club and I know very well what we want.
"It's the club that will decide whether or not I stay. I have always said that Atletico Madrid have always treated me very well and the club knows that I want to continue here.
"Obviously nobody knows what will happen tomorrow but, for now, what I want is to ensure Atletico Madrid qualify for the next Champions League."
Nevertheless, cash concerns at the capital club continues to prompt speculation that they will be forced to cash in on their star asset this summer.

(Note: This article has been taken from espnstar.com)

No comments: